Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dem Rep: No apology for saying GOP mendacity is worthy of Goebbels

- There is some truth here. The Republicans use propaganda as their political tool. They have no interest in being truthful in anything they are saying. Both parties lie. Republicans have turned into an art form.
Uh oh. Dem Rep. Steve Cohen has no intention to apologize for insisting in a controversial broadside on the House floor that GOP lies on health reform are worthy of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels. In a lively interview with me just now, he doubled down on the claim -- hard.

"I don't think calling out liars is uncivil," Cohen told me. "No reason to apologize. You have a duty to respond. if they were telling the truth and I said they were lying, then I would apologize," Cohen continued, referring to Republicans.

No comments: